Chief Minister of Delhi Sheila Dikshit resigned
- On 8 December 2013, Sheila Dikshit, the Chief Minister of Delhi resigned from her post after Congress party faced a defeat in the Delhi Assembly polls.
- She has been elected three times as a Chief Minister of Delhi.
International Anti-Corruption Day observed on 9 December
- On 9 December 2013, International Anti-Corruption Day is observed across the world to raise awareness about the menace of Corruption and what people can do to fight it.
Human Rights Day observed across on 10 December
- On 10 December 2013, Human Rights Day was observed across the world to bring truth, peace, humanity etc.
- Year 2013 Theme of the day is 20 Years Working for Your Rights.
- On this Day, NHRC in India organized a programme in New Delhi .
Sahara India as the new Official Sponsor of Indian Cricket
- Star India replaced Sahara India as the new Official Sponsor of Indian cricket team.
- On 9 December 2013, This was declared by the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI).
- From 1 January 2014 to 31 March 2017, the sponsorship rights will be for a period of three years.
A new greenhouse gas was discovered by the Scientists
- Scientists at University of Toronto discovered a long-lived manmade greenhouse gas (GHG) called Perfluorotributylamine (PFTBA) that is 7100 times more potent than carbon dioxide (CO2) at warming the Earth over a 100-year time span.
- It might have the highest global warming impact.
- It has been in use by the electrical industry since the mid-20th century.
Waqar Younis inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame
- On 11 December 2013, the former captain of Pakistan cricket team Waqar Younis was inducted into the ICC Cricket’s Hall of Fame.
- Waqar Younis became the fifth Pakistan player to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- At earlier, Hanif Mohammad, Imran Khan, Javed Miandad and Wasim Akram are the cricketer of pakistan who has been inducted into the Hall of Fame of ICC.
Women's Kabaddi World Cup 2013 Won by India
- On 12 December 2013, India won the women's Kabaddi World Cup championship for the third time.
- India Defeated New Zealand 49-21 in the summit clash in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Vasundhara Raje sworn as Chief Minister of Rajasthan
- On 13 December 2013, BJP leader Vasundhara Raje was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Rajasthan for the second time.
- In 2013 Rajasthan Assembly elections,Baratiya Jananta Party has won 162 out of 199 seats. Vasundhara Raje is elected from Jhalrapatan (Jhalawar) constituency.
Pujara Awarded as an Emerging Cricketer of the Year
- On 13 December 2013,The Indian cricketer, Cheteshwar Pujara awarded as an Emerging Cricketer of the Year trophy at the ICC Annual awards announced in Dubai.
- This is the first ever ICC Award for Pujara.
The full list of winners is mentioned below :
Award Name Player's Name
LG People’s Choice Mahendra Singh Dhoni
ICC Cricketer of the Year (Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy) Michael Clarke (Australia)
ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year Cheteshwar Pujara (India)
ICC Spirit of Cricket Award Mahela Jayawardena (Sri Lanka)
ICC Test Cricketer of the Year Michael Clarke (Australia)
ICC Twenty20 International Performance of the Year Umar Gul (Pakistan)
ICC Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year Kevin O’Brien (Ireland)
ICC Umpire of the Year (winning the David Shepherd Trophy) Richard Kettleborough
ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year Suzie Bates (New Zealand)