INDIA WINS ELECTION TO UN BOARD OF AUDITORS...
- On 1st November 2013, India won election to the UN Board of Auditors with its nominee ,the Comptroller and Auditor General.
- Beginning July 1, 2014,For a six year term MR. Sharma will be appointed to the UN Board of Auditors,Having obtained the majority and the largest number of votes.
- MR. Sharma won 124 votes out of the total 186 cast in the General Assembly's Fifth Committee on Administrative and Budgetary questions.
- Here India beats it's closest contender,"The Philippines", which got 62 votes.
- In 1946,The General Assembly established the UN Board of Auditors to audit of the accounts of the United Nations organisation and its funds and programmes.
- The overarching goal of this Board is to use the unique perspective of public external audit to both help the General Assembly to hold UN entities to account for the use of public resources, and add value by identifying ways to improve the delivery of international public services.