Chinese Scientists Developed H7N9 flu vaccine For Bird Flu Virus ...
- Chinese researchers announced on last saturday 26 October 2013, that they successfully developed the vaccine for the bird flu virus named H7N9.
- In a larger group of H7 viruses, the avian influenza A (H7N9) virus is one of the subgroup. This is the first influenza vaccine ever developed by Chinese scientists,said by the director of the Chinese National Influenza Center,Shu Yuelong.
- This vaccine was developed jointly by National Institute for Food and Drug Control, the School of Medicine of the Zhejiang University, Hong Kong University, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention & The Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Shu Yuelong said that This vaccine H7N9 can provide a major support to battle the new flu strain all over the world. This flu strain effects more than 130 people infected, with 45 died till now.
- Liu Dengfeng,deputy chief of the science and education department of the NHFPC, said, that The successful development of H7N9 bird flu vaccine has brought new weapon for us to win the long-term battle.